Han Jahae has clients, both in the Netherlands and abroad, that operate in the financial, legal, entertainment, media, transport, construction, food, healthcare and chemical/petrochemical sectors. They also include Dutch and foreign public and semi-public institutions. Han regularly acts as an expert witness in the field of mutual assistance in foreign criminal matters. Despite his broad experience with complex and prominent criminal cases, Han is particularly well known for his ability to settle out of court.
From 2003 to 2008 Han was Chairman of the European Criminal Bar Association (ECBA). He is currently a member of the Criminal Law Advisory Committee of the Dutch Bar Association (NOvA) and the Meijers Committee (Standing Committee of Experts on International Immigration, Refugee and Criminal Law) and a deputy member of the Advisory Committee on Closed Criminal Cases, and represents the Dutch Bar Association before the Council of Bars and Law Societies (CCBE) in Brussels, Belgium. Han has been a board member of the Amsterdam Bar Association since 2014.
Han is in great demand as a lecturer at Dutch and international seminars and conferences in the field of criminal law, and regularly gives lectures to fellow lawyers and specialists. Han is an editorial member of the Journal of European Criminal Law and the author of several publications in the fields of financial and economic criminal law and mutual assistance in criminal matters. Han is a regular annotator of Nieuwsbrief Strafrecht (Criminal Law Newsletter) in the fields of European Criminal Law and confiscation orders.
Han founded JahaeRaymakers in 2015 together with Carel Raymakers and Jurjan Geertsma, and is a partner in that law firm.
+31 6 53132655
- Board member of the Amsterdam Bar Association
- Member of the Criminal Law Advisory Committee (ACS)
- Represents the NOvA at the Council of Bars and Law Societies (CCBE) in Brussels, Belgium
- Deputy member of the Advisory Committee on Closed Criminal Cases
- Annotator of Nieuwsbrief Strafrecht (Criminal Law Newsletter)
- Chairman of the European Criminal Bar Association (ECBA) (2003-2008)
- Who’s who legal business crime defence 2018 refers to Han as a “Global Thought Leader” in Individual Business Crime Defence. Han is described as ““a smart lawyer” who “handles cases very well for individuals”, according to peers, one of whom says, “I would certainly recommend him.”“