Carel Raymakers is an expert in the procedural and non-procedural aspects of civil law and criminal law. He has acted to great international acclaim in high-profile criminal cases and investigations. In that area of the law he is frequently consulted by public authorities and financial and cultural institutions. Fellow lawyers, tax consultants and accountants often refer clients to him in complex financial criminal cases. Carel also regularly acts in disciplinary proceedings against professional practitioners.
Carel is a popular lecturer and teacher for professional practitioners (Dutch Bar Association, The Law Firm School and the Royal Notarial Association), the bank and trust sector, and special investigating officers. He has been a jury member of the ICC Trial Competition in The Hague and of the Duidelijketaalprijs (Plain Language Competition) for lawyers.
Carel worked at Boekel de Nerée for 32 years, six years of which as Managing Director. He was a member of the Supervisory Council of the Amsterdam Bar Association for five years, three of which as Deputy Dean, and has a wealth of experience as a deputy judge in several districts. He has been a deputy member of the Disciplinary Appeals Tribunal since 2008.
Carel founded JahaeRaymakers in 2015 together with Han Jahae and Jurjan Geertsma, and is a partner in that law firm.
- Managing Director of Boekel de Nerée (1992–1998)
- Member of the Supervisory Council and Deputy Dean of the Amsterdam Bar Association
- Deputy Judge of the Courts of Haarlem and Alkmaar
- Member of the Dutch Association of Defence Counsel (NVSA)
- Jury member of the ICC Trial Competition
- Jury member of the 2012 Plain Language Competition for lawyers
- Who’s who legal